These are a Few of My Favorite Things

These are a Few of My Favorite Things
These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Festival Day - 2011


Check my Persnickety Primitives facebook page to see a slide show of our day at the two fall festivals in our area.  We had a wonderful time today and the weather was just perfect.  We went to the first festival this morning, and we visited several great booths.   I bought a life size scarecrow and an antique baby bed from Vermont.  It is wrought iron that had been sand blasted and painted.  (I will post a picture later).  Then to Miller's Amish Bakery where we all bought some pastries to take home and a big old freshly baked pretzel.  We sat around a table outside the bakery and broke off big pieces of pretzel and dipped them in sweet mustard.  Yum!  Then we went to the second festival where we visited several booths and bought several treasures.  We bought a barbecued pulled pork sandwich for lunch.  From there, we went to the Granny's Place shop where I found an old Shakespere book to display.  Then to Keims Amish store where I bought a quart of apple butter, some chocolate covered raisins, some freshly sliced lunch meat and a big cold bottle of Birch Berry soda. (Kind of a cross between root beer and vanilla cream soda).  We ended our day by stopping at the Country Cupboard where we found several items on sale.  I just love sales.  It was a wonderful day. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you just described an absolutely PERFECT day!! Wow....would have loved to have been tagging along....And oh - those mums are just amazingly gorgeous!!! Happy Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete