These are a Few of My Favorite Things

These are a Few of My Favorite Things
These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Old Hats and Purses


You know, ladies just don't wear hats like they used to.  Ladies used to own a hat for almost every occasion and one to match every outfit.  I remember the ladies wearing them at church when I was a child, especially at Easter service.  To be honest though, I have noticed a "come back" of sorts of hats this winter.  Even the news ladies on TV are wearing them.  I am not sure if it is more for warmth or for fashion, but they are cuter than a plain scarf which I think shows no personality at all.  I, myself, have not been successful at wearing a hat.  I think you have to have a "hat face" and I just don't have one.  I think the hats pictured above have already served their purpose in the fashion world and are best just left for display.  These are some of my collections.  The purses on the bottom picture were my grandmother's purses.  I don't remember her ever carrying them.  Maybe she just liked collecting them as I do.  The two larger purses in the top picture are covered with very tiny beads.  I do remember seeing ladies carry purses such as these.  My friend visited me in honor of our birthdays one year and we each put on a hat and took a "silly picture".  Now that's the best idea we have had for them so far!  How many of you ladies are wearing hats these days?

1 comment:

  1. Erin loves hats of all kinds. I will have to show her this article.

    ReplyDelete