These are a Few of My Favorite Things

These are a Few of My Favorite Things
These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Treasured Shadowbox Collectibles


As you can tell by now, I have a passion for collecting just about anything old.  Big items are easy to display, but small collectibles can get lost or become forgotten in boxes or drawers.  I like to keep my collectibles out where I can see and enjoy them every day as I pass by them.  I distinctly remember the day I put these two shadow box collections together.  I was babysitting my two year old grandson, Karson (who is now 15) and got the urge to do something "crafty".  I had purchased two shadowbox frames, not really sure how I would use them.  I decided to create a theme display in each one.  The first one is "The Lady's Dressing Table" and the second one is "Grandma's Sewing Room".  The first contains a lady's handkerchief, a coin purse, hair combs, hair pins, Mabelline eye pencil refills, metal curlers, a brooch, white gloves, an old Elgin watch, a locket, a ring and an old advertising brochure.  The second contains a paper of snap fasteners, needles, a pair of glasses,  an old measuring tape, embroidery thread and hoops, a partially crocheted doiley, thimbles, thread and buttons.  Putting these small items together gave each importance and a sense of belonging.  Why not go through your boxes and drawers and see what treasures that you may have forgotten.  You just might have all you need to create your own treasured shadowbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment