These are a Few of My Favorite Things

These are a Few of My Favorite Things
These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Found Treasure



There is nothing I like better than shopping at yard sales, antique shops and flea markets.  I always shop with anticipation, not knowing what treasure I might stumble upon when least expected.  I frequently remember some of my most treasured home decor items have been acquired in just this way.  If you don't keep an eye open, you never know what treasure you may pass up.  Several years ago, I stopped at a yard sale in Vandalia, OH where a lady was downsizing into an apartment and was parting with some of the collectibles that she and her deceased husband had acquired over a lifetime.  I purchased a pressed glass compote from Germany for only ten dollars.  I also purchased a beautiful porcelain vase from the same lady.  I once purchased several pink Miss America depression glass plates off the back of a farm wagon.  Clark purchased a beautiful set of ruby hobnail pitcher and matching glasses on his way home from work one day.  I could tell so many stories of fabulous finds but I will refrain.  The crock jars above were my grandmother's.  The basket belonged to my mother and Mamaw's crocks snuggled in just perfectly.  The hen and chickens are banks that I purchased on a lunch break at an Antiques shop several years ago.   Because of my adventurous shopping trips, you may have guessed that my style of decorating is very eclectic.  I always laugh when I explain that my style of home decor is "Early Garage Sale".  You know, I'm comfortable with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment