These are a Few of My Favorite Things

These are a Few of My Favorite Things
These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vintage Radios




Old radios are another fun collectible.  The top two radios are from the 1930's and are both made of wood.  The top radio is a Detrola Shortwave  tube radio and the second one is a GE tube radio.  The third and fourth pictures are reproductions.  The third picture is a Crosley Collector's Edition and the last picture is a Thomas radio.  Some of the reproduction antique radios that are on the market today look a lot like the originals and fit in quite nicely with the genuine antique models. Before the television was invented, families would sit around the radio and listen to music and stories.  I remember as a child I would go to my Mamaw's house and I would listed to the radio version of the soap operas while I washed dishes.  Old radios make an impressive statement on bookshelves in a family room, den or office.  Many of them are available on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment